Badminton may be a world that brings to mind images of shaded green courts or shuttlecocks flying through the air.
But did you know that this quaint sport can also be highly beneficial to your physical and mental health?
Not only is badminton a great way to meet new people, but it also burns calories and can provide you with a much-needed full-body workout.
Like many sports, badminton requires the correct equipment and if you don’t use the best rackets available, then your game and precision could be greatly affected.
Luckily, various brands are known for their production of high-quality badminton rackets, with one of the most prominent brands being Yonex.
Distinguished by their top-rated products, Yonex has been a frontrunner in the badminton world for decades and remains one of the most popular manufacturers among badminton professionals to this day.
But are their rackets as good as everyone says they are? Well, that’s what we’re here to find out.
In this article, we have compiled together a list of the 10 best Yonex badminton rackets currently available for online purchase. We have also put together an informative buyer’s guide to help aid you in your search.
So why not check out our picks and see which Yonex racket meets your needs.
10 Best Yonex Badminton Rackets Reviews
When it comes to badminton rackets, the key things you want are repulsion and stability and the Yonex Voltric Z Force 2 promises that and much more.
Featuring a tri-voltage system, this racket maximizes the repulsion of the racket head and features heightened stability to deliver a high-quality performance.
The badminton racket has also been designed with nanometric carbon technology, which increases the accuracy and precision of the overall product.
- Comfortable Handle: The Yonex Voltric Z Force 2 is a comfortable racket to hold, which ensures powerful swings.
- Well-Balanced Design: The badminton racket features a well-balanced and attractive design, which ensures speed and precision.
- Powerful Smasher: The Yonex Voltric Z Force 2 is a powerful smasher that provides more contact between the shuttle and string.
- Lightweight Racket: The badminton racket is very lightweight, which makes it easier to swing and control.
- Unsuitable For Beginners: Unfortunately, the racket is not suitable for beginner badminton players.
- Strung w NG98 @ 24lbs
- G 4
- The thinnest ever shaft and improved TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM increases the smash energy
- Blue/Black Color
- Flex: Extra Stiff
Considered a more technologically advanced racket, the Yonex Nanoray Light 18I features a control support cap, which offers a wider surface than most conventional rackets.
This particular addition makes the racket easier to grip and provides maximum manoeuvrability for clean and powerful strikes.
The badminton racket also features a square-shaped frame and aerodynamic contouring, which helps to improve your performance and reduce air resistance.
- Easy To Swing: The Yonex Nanoray Light 18I features a wider surface, which makes the racket easier to swing and grip.
- Less Resistant: The badminton racket is less resistant in its design, which helps to relieve strain on the wrists and shoulders.
- Controlled Smash: The Yonex Nanoray Light 18I is an aerodynamic racket that offers controlled smashes for maximum performance.
- Reasonable Price: The badminton racket can be purchased for a reasonable and affordable price.
- Heavy Racket: Some players have criticized the racket for being too heavy, which can affect your performance during games.
- Frame - Graphite
- Shaft - Graphite
- Built in T-joint
- Grip Size - G4 , (In box contents: 1 Badminton Racquet with Full Cover)
- Strung, Unstrung - Strung racquet
If you have been searching for a badminton racket that offers more power and control, then you should consider the Yonex Astrox FB. Featuring an isometric square head, this racket equalizes the length of its strings to ensure the accuracy and power of your strikes.
The racket has also been designed using aero box frame technology and features a control support cap, which works to minimize air resistance to improve your manoeuvrability and follow-through during badminton sessions.
- Lightweight Design: The Yonex Astrox FB features a lightweight and aerodynamic design that ensures accurate and powerful strikes.
- Sturdy Racket: The badminton racket feels incredibly sturdy during games and ensures durable performance.
- Manoeuvrable: The Yonex Astrox FB features a control support cap that ensures improved manoeuvrability during games.
- Affordable Price: The badminton racket can currently be purchased for an affordable price.
- Unsuitable For Advanced Players: Unfortunately, the racker is not suitable for advanced players and cannot produce powerful smashes.
- department name: Unisex-Youth
- For players who demand a steep angled and devastating SMASH
- overwhelm the opposition with the fast and powerful ASTROX
- Carbon fibre
- This Racket Comes in different colors. Racket will be dispatched as per color availability.
The Yonex Nanoray 10F is a badminton racket that is perfect for both beginners and intermediate players, as it is known to deliver a more controlled and faster swing.
Made using high-quality graphite, the lightweight racket varies in its thickness, which helps to reduce air resistance and enables players to deliver strikes with more force and speed.
Featuring a combination of nanomesh and carbon nanotube materials, the racket is also known for its frame stiffness, which helps to increase its impact power and strength.
- Comfortable Handle: The Yonex Nanoray 10F is a comfortable racket to use, which ensures better grip and precision.
- Excellent Reach: The badminton racket features a lightweight design, which offers excellent reach during games.
- Durable Design: The Yonex Nanoray 10F has been made using high-quality graphite, making it durable and sturdy.
- Frame Stiffness: The badminton racket is also known for its frame stiffness, which helps to increase the impact power and strength.
- Limited Racket: Although the racket is extremely durable it cannot produce powerful smashes, which means it is not suitable for advanced players.
- Flex: Medium
- Frame: Graphite
- Shaft: Graphite, NANOMESH, CARBON NANOTUBE
- Weight / Grip Size: 4U (Ave.83g) G4,5
- Stringing Advice: 4U: 19-24 lbs
Known for its lightweight and advanced technological design, the Yonex Astrox 77 G5 is perfect for intermediate and seasoned players alike and uses nanometric technology to enhance the performance of the shaft, making it light and durable at the same time.
Made from high-quality graphite, the badminton racket also comes complete with an isometric head and rotational generator, which helps to improve the accuracy of your performance, while also making the overall racket more flexible and powerful.
- Versatile Racket: The Yonex Astrox 77 G5 is a versatile racket that can be used by both intermediate and advanced players.
- Lightweight Design: The badminton racket features a lightweight and durable design, which helps to improve the accuracy of your strikes.
- Easy To Wing: The Yonex Astrox 77 G5 is incredibly easy to swing, which makes it less strenuous on the wrists and forearms.
- Moderately Priced: The badminton racket can currently be purchased for a moderate price.
- Small Size: Unfortunately, the racket is very small in size, which means it is unsuitable for shorter players.
- Flex: Medium; Frame: H.M. GRAPHITE + NANOMETRIC + Tungsten
- Shaft: H.M. GRAPHITE + Namd
- Weight / Grip Size: 4U (Ave.83g) G5
- Made in Japan (US Version)
If you are the kind of person who wants to face your opponent with confidence and courage, then we may have found the perfect racket for you.
Made using a special material called carbon nanotube, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 features enhanced flexibility and repulsion, with the solid core reducing any unwanted vibrations you may experience during the badminton game.
Sporting a T-anchor and aerodynamic frame, the badminton racket is incredibly lightweight and durable in its design, which helps to enhance shock absorption when delivering powerful and accurate strikes.
- Repulsion Power: The Yonex Arcsaber 11 is made from a material called carbon nanotube, which enhances the racket’s flexibility and repulsion.
- Durable Racket: The badminton racket is incredibly durable in its design and offers enhanced shock absorption during games.
- Perfect Balance: The Yonex Arcsaber 11 offers perfect balance, which ensures your overall performance is more confident and controlled.
- User-Friendly: The badminton racket is comfortable to use and will help to enhance your precision and game.
- Expensive Price: Unfortunately, the racket is very expensive and is not suitable for beginners or intermediate players.
- Original YONEX US Version
- Weight: 3U (Ave 88g) / Grip Size: G4 / Flex: Stiff
- Color: Metallic Red
- Strung with Yonex Nanogy 99 @ 24lbs (No YY Logo)
- Frame: H.M. Graphitee , Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE , SONIC METAL / Shaft: H.M. Graphite, Ultra PEF
The Yonex Astrox Smash is an incredible racket that helps to improve your potential power and consistency during badminton games.
Made from moulded layers of graphite, this badminton racket is extremely durable and features a high-strength one-piece frame that delivers very little torque.
Another racket designed with rotational technology, the Yonex Astrox Smash offers maximum control to the player and delivers a smooth and professional transition between strikes.
- Well-Balanced Racket: The Yonex Astrox Smash is a well-balanced and lightweight racket that works to enhance your performance and skills.
- Perfect Control: The badminton racket features a rotational generator system, which offers perfect control and smooth transitional strikes.
- Comfortable Feel: The Yonex Astrox Smash is extremely comfortable to handle, which can make your badminton experience more enjoyable.
- Durable Design: The badminton racket is extremely durable in its design and can be used to deliver powerful shots.
- Unsatisfactory Strings: Some players have criticized the quality of the racket’s strings, with the product delivering limited power.
- Head Shape: Isometric, Frame Weight: F 73G (2.57Oz)
- Balance: Head Heavy, String Tension: F 2028Lbs
- Length: 26.7 (680Mm)
- Frame Composition: H.M. Graphite / Tungsten
- Shaft Composition: H.M. Graphite / Nanomesh Neo
If you need a badminton racket that is known for its impressive speed and gameplay, then look no further than the Yonex Nanoflare 800.
Featuring an ultra-thin razor frame, this badminton racket offers aerodynamic accuracy from all angles, with the frame helping to reduce air resistance, while also improving the swing speed.
Capable of reaching the shuttle faster than your opponent, the racket has also been designed with equalized strings and features a control support cap to improve grip and overall contact.
- Advanced Agility: The Yonex Nanoflare 800 is a lightweight and durable racket, which features advanced agility for professional performance.
- Faster Swing Speed: The badminton racket features an ultra-thin razor frame, which enhances swing speed and aerodynamic accuracy.
- Seasoned Racket: The Yonex Nanoflare 800 is a seasoned racket that is suitable for both advanced and professional players.
- Maximum Feel: The badminton racket is incredibly comfortable to use and offers maximum feel during games.
- Expensive Price: Unfortunately, the racket is very expensive and can offer unsatisfactory smashes.
- The NanoFlare 800 delivers lightning fast play thanks to a new Razor Frame and thin shaft so you can cut through the air quickly. This racquet has a head light balance that is perfect for players that have a defensive game to dig shots off the court while the stiff shaft allows offensive players to swing hard and put extra repulsion on shots. This racquet deliver from all areas of the court but excels on defensive digs and can easily transition from backhand to forehand thanks to its head light
- Head Shape: Isometric / Length: 675mm / Weight: 3U:85-89g / 4U:80-84g
- Balance: Head Light / Flex: Stiff
- Recommended String Tension: 3U: 21-29 lbs / 4U: 20-28 lbs
- Full Cover Included / Comes Unstrung / Made In Japan CD Coded.
Produced using high-quality materials, the Yonex Carbonex 8000 Plus is a badminton racket known for its unique and innovative design.
Made using a combination of aluminium and graphite, this badminton racket also features a distinctive box-shaped frame, which delivers a solid feeling during impact with the shuttle.
Distinguished by its lightweight and durable structure, the racket is ideal for advanced players and promises to deliver a performance akin to any professional brand.
- Lightweight Racket: The Yonex Carbonex 8000 Plus has been made using a combination of aluminium and graphite, making it lightweight and durable.
- Box-Shaped Frame: The badminton racket features a box-shaped frame, which delivers a more powerful strike upon impact with the shuttle.
- Comfortable Grip: The Yonex Carbonex 8000 Plus is a very comfortable racket to handle, which can improve your precision and accuracy.
- Durable Design: The badminton racket is extremely durable and can deliver powerful strikes during games.
- Unsuitable For Beginners: The racket can be very stiff in its design, which means it may not be suitable for beginners.
- Shaft: Graphite, Frame: Aluminium
- Box frame, Color : Assorted
- Available: Strung
Considered one of the more advanced badminton rackets procured by Yonex, the Yonex Muscle Power 29 Light has been specially designed to ensure dependability and stiffness.
Made from high-quality graphite, this durable and lightweight racket features a box-shaped frame, which ensures more control and stability during sessions.
Featuring a slim shaft and anti-slip handle, this racket uses aerodynamic technology to enhance your precision and accuracy, making your overall performance more professional and seasoned.
- Durable Racket: The Yonex Muscle Power 29 Light has been made using graphite and is an extremely durable racket that delivers a powerful strike.
- Isometric Head: The badminton racket features a box-shaped frame and isometric head, which ensures precision and impact.
- Slim Shaft: The Yonex Muscle Power 29 Light comes complete with a slim shaft, which works to ensure a more powerful shot.
- Aerodynamic Technology: The badminton racket uses aerodynamic technology to ensure a professional and accurate performance.
- Insufficient Strings: Unfortunately, some players have criticized the racket for its string, which are often prone to damage.
- SUPER TIGHT STRING: You never have to worry about losing a point because of wobbly or slack going strings. This are engineered to excellence with due focus on tightness in strings. This is a mark of dependability which every player seeks in his or her racket. Youll get the string is already attached when it arrives at your door.
- EXCELLENT FOR ALL KINDS OF PLAYERS: Whether you are an amateur badminton player or a seasoned participant in title competitions, adults or children, you got the sturdiest racket option holding in your hand. With unquestionable durability, each of the Yonex Badminton Rackets stays with you longer than any other brand.
- SHAPE: The round-shape head with box-shape frame cross section gives Carbonex a unique and solid feeling.
- STRONG GRIP: Provided a technically designed grip with anti-slip tape, Yonex Badminton racket facilitate you to stick to your game plan and earn points with a comfortable and firm grip
- GET IT FAST: Serving up close to the net, playing such beautiful drive, smash and even drop shot, you can go on endlessly and easily because you have one of most glorious rackets in your hand. (Tags: badminton racket, yonex, sport, tool, games, indoor, outdoor)
If you are now considering purchasing a Yonex badminton racket, there are some essential factors that you need to consider before making your decision. Down below we have outlined some key points that should always be kept in mind when it comes to choosing a Yonex racket.
By consulting these points, we hope you will be able to find the best badminton racket for you, saving you time and money.
When it comes to purchasing a badminton racket, the weight of the racket is an important factor that should always be considered. Usually, the weight of a badminton racket will be displayed as a number and a ‘U’ – with the smaller the number, the heavier the weight of the racket.
Typically, your average badminton racket will weigh around 75g to 85g, which translates to 5U to 3U in the badminton world.
If you are the kind of person who wants a racket that is fast and agile, then you will need a lightweight racket weighing around 75g or 6U.
Not only are these particular rackets easier to control, but they also put less stress on your arms and wrists, which means you can play your game for longer without feeling any immediate strain.
However, if you want a racket that is powerful and durable, then a heavyweight racket is the product you want.
Usually, heavyweight rackets will weigh around 88g and are known for providing more momentum to help transfer speed and power into the shuttle. The only issue is that these rackets are heavy and can have a damaging impact on your shoulders and arms.
Another thing to consider is the balance of the racket you are purchasing, as different rackets will have different weight distributions to determine their control and agility. Currently, there are three types of balance that a racket can have:
Head Heavy Rackets are much heavier on the head of the racket and can be used to provide more momentum when you swing. Although these particular rackets can be extremely powerful, they can also be taxing on your wrists and their response is considered slow when compared to other rackets.
Headlight Rackets are often distinguished by their lighter head and heavy handle, which can be used to engage in faster strikes and drives. Because these rackets are considered lightweight, they deliver fast reactions and can help to enhance your defensive skills. The only setback is that the racket offers better control in exchange for power.
Even Balanced Rackets are the final category of rackets you can purchase and they are known for their evenly distributed weight. Unlike the other rackets we have mentioned, balanced rackets are incredibly versatile and can be utilized by all levels of players. They also deliver quick defensive shots and can pack a powerful punch when needed.
If you are searching for a badminton racket, you must choose one with the right shape frame, as this can greatly affect the racket’s performance and your overall skill. These days most rackets either feature an oval-shaped frame or an isometric-shaped frame, with each shape differing in its respective sweet spot.
Oval-shaped frames are often considered the conventional badminton shape, as they often deliver quality shots and can make the shuttle land on the racket.
The only issue is that oval-shaped frames are more adapted for advanced players, with it being very difficult to hit the shuttle with the sweet spot without prior experience.
On the other hand, isometric or box-shaped frames are more efficient when it comes to utilizing the sweet spot, which makes them a popular choice among novices and professionals alike.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Racket Company?
Currently, Yonex is considered one of the best racket companies in the world, as it produces the majority of rackets used by badminton professionals. Beyond Yonex, other notable companies include Li Ning, Victor and Silver Sports.
Last update on 2021-11-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API