Not only will you struggle to maintain a firm grip but you will also encounter a challenge when attempting to retain control of the paddle handle as you play.
Purchasing a new pickleball grip provides an effective solution to this problem.
As you are likely aware, there are multiple varieties of pickleball grips available, because of this, you may be confused as to which one is best for you?
Below, we have selected and reviewed our top 10 picks of the best products that the market has to offer.
To help you during the decision making process, we have also provided you with a buyer’s guide where we have outlined the factors that you should consider before choosing your pickleball grip.
10 Best Pickleball Grips Reviews
The Gamma Supreme Overgrips are impressively tacky and available in a vast array of colors. They have a soft and comfortable feel and have been made to last. As such, you can engage in hours of play without worrying about compromising the durability.
Applying the grip is a straightforward process and as each roll measures 125cm, it is compatible with long handled racquets. The use of absorbent material keeps your hands dry and allows you to retain a secure grip and focus on executing a great hit of the ball.
We particularly like that these grips can be used with a range of racquets. Along with pickleball paddles, they will also fit tennis, squash, and badminton racquets.
- Packet Quantity – these grips are available in a 3, 15, 30, or 60 pack so you can purchase the necessary amount for the frequency in which you play.
- Comfort – adding this grip to your racquet will improve the cushioning, therefore making it more comfortable to handle.
- Colors – as there is an assortment of colors available you can customize the appearance of your racquet.
- Absorbency – according to several customers who have used these grips, the quality of the adhesive tends to deteriorate following a few uses.
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Gamma Supreme Overgrip helps you rule the court and provides maximum durability for hours of play
- ABSORBENT MATERIAL: Helps keep your hands dry by absorbing sweat during intense matches and allows you be more comfortable and play with greater precision
- EASY TO APPLY: These tacky grips allow for a easy quick no-fuss applications and also fit extra long rackets so you can spend less time preparing and more time on the court
- DURABLE: These wraps are made to last and feature a soft feel combined with outstanding durability designed to keep up with your game
- COMPATIBILITY: Great for tennis and also a variety of other racket types including pickleball squash, badminton, or racquetball
Are you looking for a reliable grip that is not going to hinder your performance? If so, the Tourna Grip XL could be the perfect choice for you. As these grips are trusted by professionals, you can be confident in their quality.
Initially, the grip is dry but develops more of a tacky feel as you start to sweat. Because of this, you don’t have to worry about any moisture creating slippage. Instead, you will be able to maintain a firm and controlled grip.
This packet consists of 3 extra large grips which each measure 99cm x 29mm. Whilst they are great for pickleball paddles, they are also compatible with squash, racquetball, and tennis racquets along with baseball bats and ping pong paddles.
- Country of manufacture – these grips have been made in the USA so you can have confidence in the source of your purchase.
- Durability – impressively, these grips can endure several hours of play without breaking down in quality.
- Cost – retailing at an affordable price, these grips are great value for money.
- Tackiness – Some customers may find these grips a little too tacky for their preferences.
- THE CHOICE OF PROFESSIONALS. Tourna Grip is the only grip that gets tacky the more you sweat. Tourna Grip starts with a Dry Feel but once you start sweating, the grip becomes more tacky and gives you a better grip. This is why it’s so popular among pro’s, college players, and amateurs alike. When match is on the line, use a grip that won’t slip – Tourna Grip.
- The proprietary technology of Tourna Grip enables moisture to wick moisture through the grip instead of back onto your hand which creates slippage. Most other tacky grips slip as soon as the grip gets wet with sweat.
- Used by HUNDREDS of Touring Pros! Endorsed and used by top American player John Isner, top Canadian Genie Bouchard, the #1 most winning Doubles Team in the World - The Bryan Brothers, Hall of Famer Pete Sampras, World #5 Dominika Cibulkova, top 20 players Richard Gasquet, David Ferrer, Sam Querrey, Christina McHale, Kevin Anderson, and many more.
- 3 XL GRIPS PER PACK. Includes Finishing Tape. The Tourna-Grip Light Blue Color is a Federally Registered Trademark. You can identify Tourna Grip by its famous blue color on TV, magazines, or on the court next to you! Tourna Grip is also the only tennis overgrip MADE IN THE USA!!!
- HIGH PERFORMANCE GRIPS BY TOURNA are ideal for tennis but also great for Pickleball paddles, Baseball bats, Badminton racquets, Squash Racquets, Racquetball Racquets, Ping Pong Paddles, Golf Grips, Bike Handlebars, Archery, Rowing, Dumbbells, Fishing poles, you name it.
Uniquely designed, the Senston Anti-slip overgrips have a perforated surface that promotes airflow and ventilation. This prevents your sweat from accumulating as it is instead going to be absorbed by the moisture-wicking material. For this reason, you will find it easy to retain a secure grip on the handle.
The raised edges enhance your grip whilst also absorbing any shock and impact. Furthermore, the layer of foam is also going to significantly improve the comfort of your paddle’s handle.
Made from high-quality PU material, these are durable grips with a good stretch. Each grip in the package is a different color, so you have the option to customize the look of your paddle.
- Package quantity – You are provided with 5 grips so you have plenty available when your existing grip needs to be replaced.
- Application – several customers have reported that these grips can be put on with ease.
- Comfort – the layer of cushioning makes the handles of these paddles comfortable to grasp.
- Durability – the quality of these grips could benefit from slight improvement as they are prone to wearing fairly easily.
- SUITABLE FOR - badminton / squash / pickleball racket / fishing poles / walking sticks.
- HUMANIZATION DESIGN - Raised Edge for Enhanced Grip and Decreased Shock. Senston overgrips with keel lets you easy to hold the handle and feel ultra-comfortable
- PERFORATED SURFACE - The Surface Is Perforated And Ventilated. With high-quality materials and equisite workmanship, maks the grips more comfortable to use. Color long lasting, durable
- SIZE & WEIGHT - Size: 44.5" x 1" x 0.03" (Lengthx width x thickness); Weight: 0.3 oz; Packing including: 5pcs overgrip, each color 1 piece
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - If you have any problems after the purchase, you can feel free to contact us in any time.
The ALIEN PROS Racquet Grip Tape can be applied to the handle of your racquet in as little as a minute. Simply wrap the tape around the handle, seal it so that it is secure and you are then ready to play.
This tape boasts many features that make it a favorable option. The absorbent and anti-slip surface makes it easier to grip onto the handle and the material possesses moisture wicking properties that absorb sweat. If this wasn’t impressive enough, this tape is universally compatible and can be used with a range of paddles and racquets.
With this grip tape, you can choose between a packet of 6 or 12 depending on the amount that you require. They also come in black, blue, white, neon yellow, or neon orange so you can choose your preferred option.
- Satisfaction – if you are not satisfied with the quality of this tape, you can contact the manufacturer who will then resolve any issues.
- Cost – As affordably priced grip tape, it offers great value for money.
- Quality – Users can maintain a secure and comfortable grasp on the material of this tape.
- Thickness – For some people, this tape may be a little thick but this is going to be determined by personal preference.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND ALREADY PRECUT in less than a minute your racquet will feel like brand new with Alien Pros tennis grip tape. Just wrap, seal and play
- JUST THE RIGHT FEEL, ANTI-SLIP AND ABSORBENT created by tennis players for tennis players, Alien Pros tennis grips will absorb sweat while giving you an ideal tac (sticky, moisture) feel with absolutely no slip
- LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK at Alien Pros we strive to be the best tennis grip overwrap in the Galaxy, if you are not 101% satisfied with your product simply let us know and we'll make it right for you
- GALACTIC SPECIFICATIONS contains 6 overgrips for tennis racquet in pink. Each tennis tape is 1 inch wide, 43.3 inches long, 0.02 inches thick. Each tennis wrap grip tape is made of PU that gives a light tac (moisture) feel with vibration dampening to prevent injury
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY of course it will enhance your tennis racquet grip, but that's not all, you can also use it for badminton, racquetball, squash, pickleball, archery, rowing, dumbbells, fishing pole, ping pong paddles, and drumsticks. Please note that it may not work for sports other than the ones mentioned.
As ‘professional’ standard overgrips, this offering from Zingther allows you to focus on executing strong hits. The backing of these grips is lined with a strong self adhesive that clings to the surface of your paddle handle.
The stretchy rubber elomaster felt that is used to make these overgrips is also soft but extremely tacky. As such, you can hold your paddle comfortably without having to worry about it slipping out of your hand as you play.
Both ends of the tape are designed with tapered ends which ensure that it remains secure. With a thickness of 0.02”, this overgrip tape protects the handle of your paddle whilst allowing you to maintain a firm grip.
- Colors – these grips come in a varied color palette consisting of black, neon yellow, orange, and purple. You can choose a color that makes it easy to identify your paddle.
- Application – wrapping the tape around the handle of your paddle is a straightforward task.
- Durability – as these grip tapes have been made to last, they can endure intense use during lengthy pickleball sessions.
- The grip – unfortunately, some customers have reported that after regular use, the grip isn’t as effective.
- Super tacky, soft, rubbery, strong self-adhesive, durable and sweat absorbent
- Exclusive high-stretch rubbery elastomer felt
- Easy to Apply and Organize: Each grip has a tapered end with adhesive for easy and secure wrapping as well as a finishing tape included. Each 3 grips come in a blister for safe storage
- Dimensions: 47.2 " (length) x 1"(width) x 0.02"(thickness), to meet high performance demand
- Color and Pack: Please select the color and pack you like by clicking the color picture and select the pack in the size dropdown. White, black, orange, purple, sky blue and neon yellow available. 3-grip blister is a basic pack. 6-grip pack, 12-grip pack and 24-grip pack are composed by 3-grip blisters.
Prolite is a well-known pickleball manufacturer, hence why their No-sweat Diamond Grip is a strong contender. Unlike many of our previous picks, this grip is not universally designed, instead it is specifically designed to fit pickleball paddles.
The cushioned surface is comfortable but also adds a firm feel to the handle to give you more control as you play. It also features grooves that channel sweat away from your palms to prevent the paddle from slipping.
As mentioned, the No-sweat diamond grip is predominantly intended for use with pickleball paddles but if needed, it can be used for tennis, squash, and badminton racquets.
- Quantity – this grip can be purchased individually or as a pack of three. This means that you can buy the necessary quantity for the amount of pickleball that you play.
- Good quality grip – several customers who have used this product on their paddle have praised the quality of the grip and how it benefited their performance.
- Color selection – as there is an assortment of colors available, you can coordinate the grip with the color of your paddle.
- Application – you are not provided with instructions regarding the application of this grip. As such, you may encounter some difficulties when attempting to fit it.
- Exclusive ProLite grip made specifically for pickleball paddles
- Channels sweat away from surface for maximum control
- Cushioned surface offers comfort and a firmer feel
- Will fit any brand - comes with ProLite branded finishing tape (white diamond underlay)
- Will regrip one pickleball paddle
If you are looking for a grip that can help to improve your performance, the Z Best Racquet Grip Tape is a viable option. Though it is thick it isn’t overly bulky and adds an optimal layer of cushioning to the handle of your paddle.
Courtesy of the tapered ends, this tape is easy to apply. This element of the design also ensures that the tape remains secure on the handle. Prior to use, each roll of tape has a protective layer that prolongs the softness and tackiness.
These grips do not have a perforated surface, however, the material will still prove effective in keeping your palms cool and sweat free as you play. This eliminates any concerns that you may have concerning possible slippage.
- Storage – you are provided with a resealable, waterproof bag that can be used to store any grips that you are not using.
- Application – this tap can easily be wrapped around your paddle in a matter of minutes.
- Bulk bundle – the contents of this package consist of 12 overwraps. As such, you have plenty available when your current grip needs replacing.
- Durability – according to some customers, the quality of this tape is slightly lacking.
- IMPROVE YOUR GRIP, IMPROVE YOUR GAME: With the optimal thickness and cushion, the 12 piece bulk bundle pack provides optimal thickness, cushion and sensation for every player. Your sport is demanding, demand more from your grip.
- BULK BUNDLE OF 12 INDIVIDUAL OVERWRAPS: Always be ready with a set of twelve when your grip needs replacing or your playing partner needs a spare. Includes a resealable waterproof storage bag for easy access and storage, keeping your non-perforated long-lasting grips cool, dry and fresh.
- EASY APPLICATION: With a tapered end, they are very easy to quickly apply to your favorite racket. In a matter of seconds, replace your overgrips and be back in the game. This accessory is a great gift idea for your tennis fanatic friends to match the fun colors to their favorite gear.
- ONE GRIP FOR ALL YOUR GEAR: Whether you play tennis, pickleball, badminton, or even baseball, these overgrips can easily be put on your favorite paddle or racquet in seconds. Absorbs sweat and prevents slippage. Finishing tape included with each roll.
- BE YOUR BEST WITH Z BEST: Feel confident in your grip with top quality, dependability and customer service.
Establish a firm and strong connection with your paddle by purchasing the Gamma Pickleball Gel Grip. The extra tackiness gives you more control when it comes to gripping the handle and because of this, you are likely to benefit from improved responsiveness.
Thanks to the gel cushioning, you can maintain a comfortable grip on the handle and this is likely to be appreciated during lengthy sessions. You are unlikely to be confronted with the onset of hand or wrist fatigue.
Measuring 31”, this replacement grip has been specifically designed to fit the majority of pickleball paddles. The perforated surface also absorbs sweat and keeps your palm cool and dry.
- Affordable – this good quality grip retails within a lower price range and is therefore great value for money.
- Quality – well made, this replacement grip is expected to see you through many uses.
- Adhesive – This grip will effectively cling to the handle of your paddle.
- Instructions – as stated by several customers, the instructions aren’t the clearest so you may find it hard to apply this grip.
- Replacement grip for pickleball Paddle
- Extra tacky, firm surface with a zorbican gel fill for exceptional comfort
- Grip is sized for pickleball - 31"
- Grips one pickleball Paddle
From the Western Direct Store, we have the Yonex anti-slip overgrips. Although they are primarily intended for tennis rackets, they are compatible with the handles of various rackets and paddles, including those used in pickleball, racquetball, squash, and badminton.
Each roll is 27mm wide, 1100mm long and 0.75mm thick. Whilst this grip will add a layer of cushioning to the handle, it is not going to be overly bulky and difficult to hold onto. These overgrips have been made from high-quality polymer and PU which protects your hands from fatigue.
These grips are a great choice for those who often play in hot or humid conditions. The perforated surface will absorb sweat, helping to keep your hands cool and your paddle handle dry.
- Shock absorbent – the thick cushioned material is going to absorb any shock and impact felt after hitting the ball.
- Colors – these overgrips are available in a selection of colors. If you find it hard to decide why not opt for the mixed color variety.
- Durable – impressively, these grips can endure frequent use without becoming easily damaged.
- Design – they do not have tapered ends which may be an issue for those who would prefer their paddle to have a smooth finish.
- 【REINVENT YOUR GRIP】 Overgrips uses finest quality cushioned polymer to provide excellent vibration and sting protection for players at the plate, or in the court
- 【HEALTHY, COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE MATERIAL】 Overgrips is made of highly absorbent, cushioning PU material that keeps your racket/handle dry even when sweating in hot and humid conditions
- 【DAMPING OVERALL PIT DESIGN】 It provides a smooth, ultra-comfortable grip feel, improve grip and provides you with a cushioning effect and a 100% powerful sweat absorption
- 【TENNIS RACKET GRIP SIZE】 Handle tape is 27 mm wide, 1100 mm long, 0.75 mm thick (1 inch wide, 43.3 inches long, 0.02 inch thick). Weighs only 0.3 ounces
- 【WIDE RANGE OF USE】 Our overgrips are more than just tennis tape. This size has proven to be suitable for almost any handle, including but not limited to tennis rackets, squash rackets, racquetball rackets, badminton rackets, fishing poles, bike handlebars, stroller handles, walking sticks, football table bars, slingshot, lawn mower, pull-up bars, pickle ball paddles, softball and baseball bats, dumbbells, Ping-Pong paddles and more!
The EAGLES Overgrip Multi-purpose tapes are suitable for pickleball, tennis, badminton, and squash. They can also be used on hockey sticks and baseball bats. By using these overgrips you will remain in control of each shot.
Though they may not be the best option for professional play, they are an ideal option for those who engage in recreational sessions. Wrap them over the worn out handle of your paddle to restore the quality and see your skills improve.
Moisture and sweat are absorbed by the material and this helps to keep your palms cool and dry. As such, you will remain in control of the paddle and you will not have to worry about it slipping.
- Guarantee – if you are not satisfied with the quality of these grips you will receive your money back.
- Colors – Depending on your preference you can either opt for the neutral colored grips or those that feature fun designs.
- Cost – these are great value grips that retail within an affordable price range.
- Quality – the stickiness of this tape could benefit from some improvements as it doesn’t always adhere very well.
- 🎾 Eagles racquet overgrips offer added grip for more control with every shot.
- 🎾 Hold tight through the most intense rallies with a tennis racket overgrip that absorbs excess moisture. Dry hands means more precision when you need it most.
- 🏸 The racquet grip tape is an ideal overgrip to wrap over your racquet's worn stock handle. Remember, you're only as good as your equipment!
- 🏸 🎾 UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY of course it will enhance your tennis racquet grip, but that's not all, you can also use it for badminton, racquetball, squash, pickleball, archery, rowing, dumbbells, fishing pole, ping pong paddles, and drumsticks. Please note that it may not work for sports other than the ones mentioned.
- 🎾🎾🎾 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE and 100% MONEY BACK SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Before you invest in a pickleball grip, we would advise you to consider the following criteria.
The Type Of Grip
First, you must determine what type of grip you are looking for. As implied, a replacement grip is used to replace the original grip on the handle of your paddle.
Opting for a replacement grip may benefit your performance by enabling you to maintain a solid and controlled grip on the handle. A pickleball overgrip is a tape-like product that can be wrapped around the existing grip on the handle of your paddle.
Typically, you will begin applying it from the bottom before working your way up. An overgrip is convenient and can make your paddle feel new again. However, you may sometimes find that an overgrip doesn’t quite cut it, hence why you may choose a replacement grip.
It is important to pay attention to the size of the grip as you don’t want to apply it to your paddle, only to discover that it is not quite long enough.
A grip that is incorrectly sized can also put more strain on your wrist, making it more difficult for you to play to the best of your ability.
The quality of the grip is going to influence how long it lasts. A grip with poor quality adhesive is not going to deliver long lasting use.
This factor is going to be particularly important if you regularly engage in lengthy pickleball sessions as you will need a grip that can withstand such intense use.
Several other factors should also be considered such as the color selection, applying the grip, the package quantity, comfort, shock absorbency, and affordability.
Accounting for each of these will ensure that you invest in the best quality pickleball grip for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you pick a pickleball grip size?
To establish the size of the pickleball grip that you require, use a ruler to measure the distance between the tip of your ring finger and the middle crease of your palm.
Naturally, grip the paddle handle to confirm whether or not it is the correct size.
Last update on 2021-11-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API